- RYT 500 Yoga Alliance
- Thai Massage Practitioner
- Strength Training
- In home private training
- Senior Fitness- Balance/ Rehab/ Strength
- Special Populations
- Boot Camps
- Lifestyle Coaching
- Functional Fitness
- Client Consultation
- Hot Hula Fitness
- The Groove Method
Personal Trainer 2003-Present
Confer with the client, medical practitioners and appropriate others to design, plan, implement and assess the training program
Monitor and assess progress, increases in strength, balance, endurance and overall fitness levels.
Administer manual exercises and massage to help relieve pain, increase client strength, or decrease discomfort.
Inform clients when assessment reveals findings outside scope of personal training and refer to appropriate practitioners.
Yoga Instructor 2006-Present
- Customize meditation and yoga sessions according to profile, physical & psychological needs of the students.
- Design and conduct group and personalized yoga sessions .
- Assisting students as per their individual needs and requirements
- Handles responsibility of guiding students through invigorating and encouraging yoga practices
- Promotes balance of the body and mind through effective teaching style and techniques
- Responsible for preparing class content and format appropriate for level of students and the type of class
- Facilitate Hatha style yoga classes in a group setting, explaining the benefits of each asana and provide modifications based on physical limitations.
- Provide a welcoming and comfortable environment, effectively communicating to students, while enabling a thorough understanding of the important concepts of Yoga.
- Clear explanation of benefits of Asana with focus on proper alignment.
- Verbal and assisted adjustments to modify and enhance poses based on individual needs
- Conduct Instruction on proper Pranayama (breath techniques).
- Provide guidance in meditation and relaxation techniques.
Zumba 2009 /Groove 2011 /Hot Hula/ Intensati instructor 2011- Present
- Authorized Zumba licensed and experienced working as a Zumba Instructor in a variety of venues, gyms and facilities.
- Extensive knowledge of the methods and techniques to be implemented in the teaching and learning process of each movement modality.
- Considerable experience in and hence extensive knowledge of kinesiology, exercise science and the field of physical education
- Ability to assess the physical condition of the students and modify the training methods and techniques as needed in each class.
- Extensive knowledge of exercise physiology and human anatomy.
- Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills .
- Offered classes to a variety of populations including beginners, seniors, people with Parkinsons, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, breast cancer survivors, morbid obesity, dementia patients as well as classes for the general populations.
- Encourage individual expression, self esteem, and celebration of the body as it is in the present moment.
Hofstra University- 1990 M.A. Elementary Education
School of Visual Arts- 1986 B.F.A. Fine Arts Painting/ Art Education K-12
Credentials and Certifications/ Licenses
National Academy of Sports Medicine NASM, Nationally Certified Personal Trainer
Lotus Palm Thai Massage Practitioner
Restorative Yoga Instructor: ISHTA YOGA: Restorative yoga blends moving meditations and bliss producing restorative poses, typically done on the floor with lots of supportive props coupled with soothing music & aromatherapy to help the body release. Restorative poses are an important part of any long-term yoga practice: they recharge our energy reserves, heal the effects of stress, and bring our nervous systems into a more balanced state. This class will leave you feeling relaxed, refreshed and renewed.
During deep relaxation, all the organ systems of the body are benefited, and a few of the measurable results of deep relaxation are the reduction of blood pressure, serum triglycerides and blood sugar levels in the blood, the increase of the “good cholesterol” levels, as well as improvement in digestion, fertility, elimination, the reduction of muscle tension, insomnia and generalized fatigue
Restorative yoga is designed to be gentle and slow, easing yourself into poses. In addition to stress relief, other benefits of restorative yoga include aiding in physical rehabilitation, improved range of motion, and pain relief from injuries. Psychological benefits may also be profound such as relief from the symptoms of depression, anxiety, and grief.
Groove Facilitator: The GROOVE Method™ is a revolutionary method of teaching movement and dance that focuses on simplicity and encouraging each person to add their own unique style as they dance to foster vibrant health for happy living.
It is a participant-centered approach to group-based instruction for fitness, movement and dance. Teaching and coaching using the method focuses on participant success at movement rather than the complexity of choreography. Purposeful movements are used to help participants build strength and endurance, develop agility/flexibility/mobility and foster overall systemic health and well-being. In addition to healing the body through movement, The GROOVE Method™ provides opportunities for each person to add their unique personality and style to each movement so that individuals can foster a sense of creativity, playfulness and community through unified group-based physical activities.
Intensati Facilitator: IntenSati combines high-energy, total-body training with powerful, positive statements that you either think or speak. The goal of this practice is to enable a seamless and total integration of body and mind, allowing you to be and experience all you deeply want. You will learn to tap into the power of the present moment in order to embody –rather than just think or talk about – your BOLDEST, MOST EMPOWERED, BEST SELF.
Hot Hula Instructor: HOT HULA fitness ® isolates your larger muscle groups, increasing strength and definition to your core with specific emphasis on the abs, glutes, quads and arms. It is very grounding, very primal and very celebratory of the female body and culture.
Inspired by the dances of the Pacific Islands, HOT HULA fitness® incorporates easy to perform dance movements set to the sounds of traditional Polynesian drum beats fused with funky Reggae music, resulting in a modern, hip fitness workout.
All ages and fitness levels will benefit from this class.
Licensed ZUMBA B1 and B2/ ZUMBA Gold / ZUMBA/ Zumbatomic / ZUMBA /ZUMBA Sentao
Dance for Parkinsons Facilitator
Arthritis Foundation Educator